Jellyfish Study by E. Haeckel - Vintage Aquatic Print
- Vintage Aquatic Print depicting an illustration of Jellyfish
- Study by German Biologist Ernst Haeckel circa the 19th Century
- A vibrant bathroom print with framing options available
- Size A3 (297 mm x 420mm / 11.7 x 16.5 inch.)
- Printed in London on textured natural white paper 180 gsm.
This stunning Jellyfish print belongs to the works of German Biologist Ernst Haeckel circa the 19th Century. The story behind the artwork is that Haeckel, who always had a great love and curiosity to these aquatic creatures, continued to study and illustrate jellyfish to deal with the great grief of losing his wife at a young age. This print is named 'Desmonema annasethe' in honour of his late wife and can be found in Art Forms in Nature 1899–1904.
This A3 artwork has been digitally enhanced to fully showcase its original beauty. Vibrant tones of blues, pinks and yellows will brighten up any wall at home and would look great as a botanical bathroom print. We have framing options below to help you build your at home gallery.
Check our full collection of Coral Reef Prints here and if you'd like to continue the Aquatic theme, take a look at our Vintage Fish Studies too where you'll find octopus and fishes!
Paper Size: A3 (297 mm x 420mm / 11.7 x 16.5 inch.)
The print is sold unframed, however we can frame it for you in a natural, white or black 400 mm x 500 mm wooden frame option available at an additional £30.
Important: Framed artwork will only be available for pick up only.
The black frame comes with black background paper.
The natural frame comes with an ecru background paper.
The white frame comes with a white background paper.
How do I purchase a framed print?
- Send us an e-mail to email@example.com or DM us on Instagram with the print that you would like to purchase and the colour of the frame.
- We will send you a link for the payment and will arrange a suitable date and time for collection at our 91 Brick Lane shop.