Utamaro Vintage Ukiyo-e Japanese Shunga print - Kissing Couple III
- Kissing Couple III - Japanese Erotic print
- Shunga Woodblock print
- Size: A5 (148 mm x 210mm)
- Printed in London on textured natural white paper 180 gsm.
- White border of roughly 1 cm
This Japanese woodblock print, Kissing Couple III, was made in the 19th century by an artist of the Utamaro School in the 19th century.
It was unsigned, as the majority of Shunga artwork, due to this form of art being controversial during the Edo period.
This Japanese print depicts a peddler and a courtesan clothed making love. Clothing is one of the characteristics of Shunga.
In Japan at the time, both women and men would be used to seeing each other naked in communal baths and so, nudity wasn’t considered erotic necessarily. Having clothed women and men also helped emphasised, even more, the parts of the body that were exposed on the drawing.
Discover our full collection of Japanese prints.
Paper Size: A5 (148 mm x 210 mm).
The print is sold unframed, however we can frame it for you in a natural, white or black 400 mm x 500 mm wooden frame option available at an additional £30.
Important: Framed artwork will only be available for pick up only.
The black frame comes with black background paper.
The natural frame comes with an ecru background paper.
The white frame comes with a white background paper.
How do I purchase a framed print?
- Send us an e-mail to email@example.com or DM us on Instagram with the print that you would like to purchase and the colour of the frame.
- We will send you a link for the payment and will arrange a suitable date and time for collection at our 91 Brick Lane shop.