Ukiyo-e Japanese Print - Asakusa Rice Fields
- Japanese woodblock print
- By Japanese artist Utagawa Hiroshige (Ando)
- No 48. from One Hundred Famous Views of Edo
- Printed in London on textured natural white paper 180 gsm
- White border of roughly 1 cm
- Size A3 (297 mm x 420mm / 11,7 x 16,5 inch.)
This Japanese woodblock print was made by Utagawa Hiroshige. It belongs to his renowned One Hundred Famous Views of Edo (Tokyo) series.
The series showed the sights of Edo through the changing seasons.
This particular print, the No. 101, showcases the view of a rice field during the Torinomachi Festival. On that day, the Yoshiwara (known as the red-light district) was open to everybody, including ordinary women.
Discover our Japanese prints full collection here.
Paper Size: A3 (297 mm x 420mm / 11,7 x 16,5 inch.)
The print is sold unframed, however we can frame it for you in a natural, white or black 400 mm x 500 mm wooden frame option available at an additional £30.
Important: Framed artwork will only be available for pick up only.
The black frame comes with black background paper.
The natural frame comes with an ecru background paper.
The white frame comes with a white background paper.
How do I purchase a framed print?
- Send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or DM us on Instagram with the print that you would like to purchase and the colour of the frame.
- We will send you a link for the payment and will arrange a suitable date and time for collection at our 91 Brick Lane shop.