Ukiyo-e Japanese Print - Plum Park in Kameido
- Japanese woodblock print
- By Japanese artist Utagawa Hiroshige (Ando)
- c. 1857
- No 30. from One Hundred Famous Views of Edo
- Printed in London on textured natural white paper 180 gsm
- White border of roughly 1 cm
- Size A3 (297 mm x 420mm / 11,7 x 16,5 inch.)
This Japanese woodblock print was made by Utagawa Hiroshige, one of the most skilled landscape artists of his time. This vintage print belongs to his renowned One Hundred Famous Views of Edo (Tokyo) series that actually features 119 woodblock prints.
The series showed the sights of Edo through the changing seasons.
This particular print, the No. 30, showcases the legendary and most famous tree in Edo "Sleeping Dragon Plum" by the Sumida River in Kameido.
In this print, the main Sleeping Dragon Plum is purposely very close to us so we feel that we are strolling by the river, contemplating the plum trees in full bloom and smelling their beautiful and powerful fragrance.
The post-impressionist Vincent Van Gogh, who was a great admirer of Japanese art, recreated this print in 1887 calling it Flowering Plum Orchard (after Hiroshige).
Check our full collection of Japanese prints.
Paper Size: A3 (297 mm x 420mm / 11,7 x 16,5 inch.)
The print is sold unframed, however we can frame it for you in a natural, white or black 400 mm x 500 mm wooden frame option available at an additional £30.
Important: Framed artwork will only be available for pick up only.
The black frame comes with black background paper.
The natural frame comes with an ecru background paper.
The white frame comes with a white background paper.
How do I purchase a framed print?
- Send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or DM us on Instagram with the print that you would like to purchase and the colour of the frame.
- We will send you a link for the payment and will arrange a suitable date and time for collection at our 91 Brick Lane shop.