Ukiyo-e Japanese Print - Horikiri Iris Garden by Hiroshige
- Japanese woodblock print
- By Japanese artist Utagawa Hiroshige (Ando)
- 5th month of 1857
- No 64. from One Hundred Famous Views of Edo
- Printed in London on textured natural white paper 180 gsm
- White border of roughly 1 cm
- Size A3 (297 mm x 420mm / 11,7 x 16,5 inch.)
This Japanese woodblock print was made by Utagawa Hiroshige, one of the most skilled landscape artists of his time. This vintage print belongs to his renowned One Hundred Famous Views of Edo (Tokyo) series that actually features 119 woodblock prints.
The series showed the sights of Edo through the changing seasons.
This particular print, the No. 64, represents a famous type of Iris, hanashobu, that only grew in Horikiri all year round due to the village's perfect conditions for this flower.
In this print, 3 beautifully detailed irises stand tall in a peaceful landscape. On the background you can see visitors from Edo who came to Horikiri to admire the famous flowers.
Check our full collection of Japanese prints.
Paper Size: A3 (297 mm x 420mm / 11,7 x 16,5 inch.)
The print is sold unframed, however we can frame it for you in a natural, white or black 400 mm x 500 mm wooden frame option available at an additional £30.
Important: Framed artwork will only be available for pick up only.
The black frame comes with black background paper.
The natural frame comes with an ecru background paper.
The white frame comes with a white background paper.
How do I purchase a framed print?
- Send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or DM us on Instagram with the print that you would like to purchase and the colour of the frame.
- We will send you a link for the payment and will arrange a suitable date and time for collection at our 91 Brick Lane shop.