- Rattlesnake Plant - Indoor tropical plant
- Botanical name : Calathea Lancifolia 'Insigne'
- Air Purifying
- Pet Safe
The Calathea Lancifolia 'Insigne', most commonly known as the Rattlesnake Plant, is a beautiful addition to your house plant collection with it's hypnotic leaves. An evergreen, indoor tropical plant, this Calathea is recognisable by it's unique shapes leaves that are marked with a dark green pattern.
The Rattlesnake plant will fold it's leaves up to the sky at night and lower them back down by morning.
Looking for a pot for your new plant? Browse our plant pot collection here!
Care Tips for a Rattlesnake Plant:
- Water often with tepid water depending on the light levels provided.
- Water less frequently during Winter months, reducing to when the top level of soil is dry to touch.
- Keep the soil moist (but not soggy) at all times.
- Never leave your Rattlesnake Plant sitting in water as this will cause root rot.
- Mist leaves once a week to avoid brown or burnt tips.
- The Rattlesnake Plant will thrive in indirect bright light but can be tolerant to more shadier areas. The more diffused light however will see heartier foliage!
- Moderate growing.
- The Rattlesnake Plant is pet safe.
Important: This plant is available for collection or UK delivery.
Discover the full collection of plants.