Spineless Prickly Pear
- Spineless Prickly Pear
- Botanical name: Opuntia Ellisiana
- Easy care
- Pet friendly
The Opuntia Ellisiana, most commonly known as Spineless Prickly Pear, is a pet friendly cactus characterised by its bright red fruits called tunas.
It has a unique lack of prickles which makes it very easy to handle at home.
Our Spineless Prickly Pear can live happily ever after in one of our ceramic planters.
Care tips for a Spineless Prickly Pear:
- If well drained, this cactus prefers an evenly moist soil, especially during spring and summer, however it is also drought tolerant.
- We recommend watering 2-3 times a month during the growing season. But reduce watering during autumn and winter.
- Never leave your Prickly Pear sitting in water as this will cause root rot.
- Bright position, ideally 4-6 hours of sunlight in spring and summer.
- Slow growing unless in optimal conditions.
- The Prickly Pear is pet friendly.
Important: This plant is available for collection or UK delivery.
Check out our full collection of plants.