Great Barrier Reef Coral III by W. Saville-Kent - Botanical Print
- Vintage Botanical Artwork by marine biologist William Saville-Kent
- This Botanical Print features a study of The Great Barrier Reef circa 1893
- Printed in London on textured natural white paper 180 gsm
- Digitally enhanced print of Saville-Kent's original watercolour studies
- Size A3 (297 mm x 420mm / 11.7 x 16.5 inch.)
This vintage botanical print features William Saville-Kent's, a marine biologist and author, 1893 study of The Great Barrier Reef, featured in the book of the same name. During a voyage to Australia in 1884, Saville-Kent became spellbound with the corals, polyps and lifeforms residing under the waves of the Queensland coast. His watercolour sketches of the coral reefs were then immortalised in the book 'The Great Barrier Reef of Australia' published in 1893.
This print has been digitally enhanced to enable the highest level of detail and colour to fully showcase Saville-Kent's original illustrations. Based on a neutral background, this illustration includes beautiful tones of greens, yellows and pinks. This artwork can be used as a stunning wall print to be hung in your bathroom or study to transport you to the reefs of Australia.
Paper Size: A3 (297 mm x 420mm / 11.7 x 16.5 inch.)
The print is sold unframed, however we can frame it for you in a natural, white or black 400 mm x 500 mm wooden frame option available at an additional £30.
Important: Framed artwork will only be available for pick up only.
The black frame comes with black background paper.
The natural frame comes with an ecru background paper.
The white frame comes with a white background paper.
How do I purchase a framed print?
- Send us an e-mail to email@example.com or DM us on Instagram with the print that you would like to purchase and the colour of the frame.
- We will send you a link for the payment and will arrange a suitable date and time for collection at our 91 Brick Lane shop.