Great Barrier Reef Coral II by W. Saville-Kent - Botanical Print
- Vintage Botanical Artwork by William Saville-Kent
- This Botanical Print features a study of The Great Barrier Reef circa 1893
- Printed in London on textured natural white paper 180 gsm
- Digitally enhanced print of Saville-Kent's original watercolour sketches
- Size A3 (297 mm x 420mm / 11.7 x 16.5 inch.)
This botanical art print features author and marine biologist William Saville-Kent's 1893 study of The Great Barrier Reef. During a voyage to Australia in 1884, Saville-Kent became bewitched with the corals, polyps and lifeforms living under the waves of the Queensland coast. His watercolour studies of the coral reefs were then immortalised in the book 'The Great Barrier Reef of Australia' published in 1893.
This print has been digitally enhanced to enable the highest level of detail and colour to fully showcase Saville-Kent's original illustrations. Based on a neutral background, the rich tones of reds, pinks, blues and greens are paired with the original books type and titles. A stunning print to be hung in your bathroom or study to transport you to the reefs of Australia.
Paper Size: A3 (297 mm x 420mm / 11.7 x 16.5 inch.)
The print is sold unframed, however we can frame it for you in a natural, white or black 400 mm x 500 mm wooden frame option available at an additional £30.
Important: Framed artwork will only be available for pick up only.
The black frame comes with black background paper.
The natural frame comes with an ecru background paper.
The white frame comes with a white background paper.
How do I purchase a framed print?
- Send us an e-mail to email@example.com or DM us on Instagram with the print that you would like to purchase and the colour of the frame.
- We will send you a link for the payment and will arrange a suitable date and time for collection at our 91 Brick Lane shop.