Ukiyo-e Japanese Vintage Print - Interior of a Bathhouse
- Interior of a Bathhouse
- The original print was formerly owned by the Impressionist painter Edgar Degas.
- Replica printed in London on textured natural white paper 180 gsm.
- White border of roughly 1 cm
- Size: A5 (148 mm x 210mm)
This Japanese Vintage print was created by the Ukiyo-e artist of the Torii school Torii Kiyonaga.
The picture showcases several women, nude or partially clothed, in the interior of a bathhouse.
This particular print once belonged to the Impressionist painter Edgar Degas.
Bathing was and still is an important ritual in Japan. Public bathhouses have always been a place to socialise. Both women and men would be used to seeing each other naked in these communal baths and so, nudity wasn’t considered erotic necessarily. However, after being influenced by the Western society, nowadays mixed baths are illegal in Japan and you will find that a bathhouse will have only women and only men hours.
Browse our wide range of Japanese prints.
Paper Size: A5 (148 mm x 210 mm).
The print is sold unframed, however we can frame it for you in a natural, white or black 400 mm x 500 mm wooden frame option available at an additional £30.
Important: Framed artwork will only be available for pick up only.
The black frame comes with black background paper.
The natural frame comes with an ecru background paper.
The white frame comes with a white background paper.
How do I purchase a framed print?
- Send us an e-mail to email@example.com or DM us on Instagram with the print that you would like to purchase and the colour of the frame.
- We will send you a link for the payment and will arrange a suitable date and time for collection at our 91 Brick Lane shop.