Antique Botanical Print - Hyacinths by Thornton
- English vintage print
- Botanical Art
- By Dr. Robert John Thornton
- Size A3 (297 mm x 420mm / 11,7 x 16,5 inch.)
- Printed in London on textured natural white paper 180 gsm
- White border of roughly 1 cm.
Hyacinths is a botanical print by English physician and botanical writer Robert John Thornton.
This vintage print was part of Thornton's The Temple of Flora, the greatest botanical book printed in London showcasing illustrations of seventy exotic plants in melodramatic landscapes supposed to represent their native habitats. In the print, we can see 5 varieties of hyacinths delicately coloured in a coastal landscape.
Hyacinths A3 print has been digitally enhanced to enable the finest quality of detailing, the pastel colour combinations perfectly blend against the coastal background.
Create your own botanical collection combining different prints from our Botanical Art collection!
Paper Size: A3 (297 x 420 mm/ 11.7 x 16.5 inch.)
The print is sold unframed, however we can frame it for you in a natural, white or black 400 mm x 500 mm wooden frame option available at an additional £30.
Important: Framed artwork will only be available for pick up only.
The black frame comes with black background paper.
The natural frame comes with an ecru background paper.
The white frame comes with a white background paper.
How do I purchase a framed print?
- Send us an e-mail to email@example.com or DM us on Instagram with the print that you would like to purchase and the colour of the frame.
- We will send you a link for the payment and will arrange a suitable date and time for collection at our 91 Brick Lane shop.