Small Plant straws | Aluminium
- Self watering wick
- Ideal for moisture loving indoor plants
- Handmade in Sweden
- Aluminium + recycled cotton cord
- 20 cm high
- Different colours
The small Plant Straw, designed and handmade by Swedish indie brand Plantstraws, is an ideal self watering device for your moisture loving houseplants.
Whether your are going on holiday or you own a plant that thrives in moist soil, the Plant Straw will meet all your plant watering needs as well as creating a striking plant display at home.
Mix and match different sizes and colours to create a statement piece. Shop the collection here.
HOW TO USE:
These Plant Straws work through capillary action which directs water to the drier soil areas to balance the soil moisture.
1. For a successful water flow from the vessel/vase to the plant, water your plant first.
2. Make sure that all the cord is dump. Do this by immersing it in water until wet. Pull the extremes of the cord down to make sure that the cord inside the straw gets wet too. Careful not to pull the cord out.
3. Make a hole into the soil and introduce one side of the the cord down as well as at least 3 cm/ 1 in of the metal straw to minimise evaporation.
4. Place the other side of the straw into a vessel/vase with fresh water.
5. Refill the vessel/vase regularly.
Over time when the cord wears out, wash, cut down or replace it.
Aluminium + Recycled cotton cord
20 cm H