Stephania Erecta - Rare indoor plants - Home delivery
- Stephania Erecta or Stephania Pierrei
- Belongs to the family of Menispermaceae
- Rare plants
- Native to Eastern and Southern Asia
The Stephania Pierrei, most commonly known as Stephania Erecta, is one of our latest and quirkiest additions.
This attractive plant is composed of a caudex (large bulb) from where the vines sprout. Under the right conditions these magnificent vines can grow up to 4 metres tall, making it both a statement piece at home and a well sought after plant for avid collectors!
Care tips for a Stephania Erecta:
- The caudex stores water well so water your Stephania sparsely, once every 14 -21 days.
- Do not leave your plant sitting in water as this will cause root rot.
Important: This plant will go dormant at least once a year, normally in winter. During this period reduce the watering to almost none until you see new growth, generally in springtime .
- Your Stephania Erecta will thrive in bright indirect sunlight.
- During spring and summer add a mild natural fertiliser to your watering routine.
- Terracotta pot diameter: 15 cm
- Terracotta saucer diameter: 13 cm
- Plant height: 20-25 cm approximately
Discover our full plant collection.