Octopus Study by E. Haeckel - Vintage Aquatic Print
- Vintage Aquatic Print depicting an illustration of Jellyfish
- Study by German Biologist Ernst Haeckel circa the 19th Century
- A vibrant bathroom print with framing options available
- Size A3 (297 mm x 420mm / 11.7 x 16.5 inch.)
- Printed in London on textured natural white paper 180 gsm.
This intricately but delicately detailed depicting of Octopi 'Sea Life' belongs to German Biologist Ernst Haeckel and can be found in Art Forms in Nature 1899-1904. Haeckel was bewitched by aquatic life and would create beautiful illustrations and studied like the one shown here. The biologist dedicated his life to his studies and work after losing his wife at a young age, with his grief shaping his scientific and artistic outlook on the nature and lifeforms around him.
This A3 artwork has been digitally enhanced to fully showcase its original beauty. Based on a neutral background, enjoy the aquatic colour palette and intricate detail which we think would look great as a botanical bathroom print. We have framing options below to help you build your at home gallery.
Check our full collection of Coral Reef Prints here and if you'd like to continue the Aquatic theme, take a look at our Vintage Fish Studies too where you'll find further Ernst Haeckel studies and fish studies by Louis Renard.
Paper Size: A3 (297 mm x 420mm / 11.7 x 16.5 inch.)
The print is sold unframed, however we can frame it for you in a natural, white or black 400 mm x 500 mm wooden frame option available at an additional £30.
Important: Framed artwork will only be available for pick up only.
The black frame comes with black background paper.
The natural frame comes with an ecru background paper.
The white frame comes with a white background paper.
How do I purchase a framed print?
- Send us an e-mail to email@example.com or DM us on Instagram with the print that you would like to purchase and the colour of the frame.
- We will send you a link for the payment and will arrange a suitable date and time for collection at our 91 Brick Lane shop.